Saturday 3 March 2012

Street Style Inspiration: NEON!!!

For years fashion has been influenced by two walks of life: runway and red carpet. But not any more. Thanks to a new breed of fashion icons-Street Style Fashion Bloggers- we now can turn to the ‘real-way’ and get inspired. For my first street style inspiration I choose neon colour trend. You ask why neon? Well, the streets of fashion have been literally glowing neon. In varying degrees of brightness and boldness, neon colours have been making quite a regular appearance from NYC to Milan and all the other fashionable cities. Plus, it's one of Spring-Summer 2012's major trend. How could a die hard colour lover like me stay away from these gorgeously vibrant shades? I just had to do a neon post!
[Image Credit: Late Afternoon; CinZilicious; Atlantic-Pacific; The Shady Side; Glassworks Studios; Lou Lou Magazine; The Red Dot; Styleeast; Polyvore]

Lets face it; neon colours are not for the faint of heart. They may look effortlessly chic on our fave fashion bloggers, but in all honestly they require little bit of guts and whole lot of panache to pull off the look. Otherwise one may end up looking like an 80’s back-up dancer!

Like me, if you too are new to this trend; but nevertheless tempted to try it, here are a few tips for styling neon colours.

Choose Correctly: First off, you need to pick a color you are most comfortable in, as well as the one that suits your skin tone.

Start Small: First timers can start by picking neon accessories or jewelry. You can add a neon belt or bag to your classic white top and blue jeans look. Or spice up your LBD with a neon pumps or scarf.

Hints of Neon: Clothes with neon accents are a great way to experiment with this trend. Dress with neon piping, or shoes with neon straps or a top with neon motif, is a great way to start.This way you get to try out a new trend without stepping out of your style comfort zone.

Balance is Key: There are those who can carry off a head-to-toe neon look, for the rest of us it’s all about balancing the color palette. You can choose one single statement-making, eye-popping neon piece and pair it with classic black and white or grey or neutrals.

Highlight your Assets
: Nothing says all–eyes-on-me quite like neon. We all have one (or more) 
asset we very proud off. Neon gives you a perfect opportunity to flaunt them. Got amazing legs? Show them off in a pair of neon skinny jeans.
[More information on these pieces here.]

There is no one rule for wearing neon colours. While some street style fashionistas have colour-blocked it, the others have chosen to only accessorize with it. Depending on your style preferences, you too can rock a neon look of your choice.

Well then ladies, are ready to glow neon bright? And what look would you go for? Share your and opinion with me in the comment section.

Till then, tra-la,
 
Amena!!
 Connect With Fashionopolis on FacebookTwitterPinterest, Bloglovin' & Subscribe
email me- 
a.fashionopolis@gmail.com
{Featured On Links À La Mode: IFB Weekly Roundup, March 8th}



44 comments:

  1. I love the way you have compiled this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. Neon is really a very gorgeous colour. Le the wat it pops and I'm really lusting for a gorgeous neon bag too... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie. I too am lusting for a gorgeous neon bag.

      Delete
  3. Nice post...Well written !!

    I am hosting Boticca.com giveaway currently, where you can win $100 worth of jewelery and bags...Just click the link below...I'll wait for you there :)

    Enter Boticca.com giveaway and win $100
    ♡ StylishByNature.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The neon look is one of my favorite trends right now! I adore all of these looks! I'm still trying to find small neon pieces like a purse or a belt...

    :)
    xx

    http://daydreamfrenzy.blogspot.com/
    http://daydreamfrenzy.blogspot.com/
    http://daydreamfrenzy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too love this trend. Hope you find your neon piece. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. I like to try neon via accessories - bags, bangles and shoes! Lovely post and great tips to style neon! Hope you are having a wonderful day!
    -Jyoti
    Style-Delights Blog
    Let's Twitter Together
    Friend and Fan on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jyoti, thats exactly how I am adding neon to my outfits. Via accessory. Hope you have a lovely weekend.

      Delete
  6. Great tips! Neon certainly takes guts and I'm willing to give it a shot!

    x aliya
    www.papermoonsandmacarons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am sure you will rock the neon trend.

      Delete
  7. great tips..personally, i don't know if i will give in to this trend. but if its little things like belt or hairband..then why not!

    http://www.cactusandcucumber.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice post . inspires me to wear neon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mukta for your kind words. I am sure you will look amazing in it <3

      Delete
  9. great post...very informative <3

    http://bongsbelleza.blogspot.com/

    Love,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ayantika for your lovely words :)

      Delete
  10. Great tips for trying this trend. I don't think neon is really for me, but if I was going to give it a shot, I'd do it in an accessory. I definitely wouldn't do a head to toe neon. A little too shocking for me :)
    Sarah
    www.comingunstitched.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah. Me either, I would never do a head to toe neon, ever!!!

      Delete
  11. love all the streetsyle pictures you've picked!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey sweetie love your tips on how to wear neon :) fab post, I think the hints of neon are the way to go! Alexandra x

    http://savvy-styling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alexandra. I somehow could not visit your blog. It says I dont have access. Would love to visit it.

      Delete
  13. Anonymous8:26 pm

    Great post! Love the neon touch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the tips on wearing neon!!

    SideSmile : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. I go crazy with neon and typically do it in color blocking fashion :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you would look amazing in color blocked neon. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  16. I like how you created three looks with different degrees of neon. My favorite of the three is the blue dress with the neon green trim. A great way to dip your toes in the trend before diving in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer. I too would go for the second look myself, till I get some courage to go all neon-out.

      Delete
  17. Greetje Kamminga3:23 pm

    I like colour a lot. And colour likes me. Any bright colour around my face will compliment me. Very odd. i am already 58 so I have to be really careful with this look. Nothing as ugly as an older women trying to look young. I very much like the first left photo of the smart yellow top with black and white trimming (scarf?). She added another colour with her pink bold necklace. Have to remember that. Easy and low cost. And i adore the third photo from the right, top row. The yellow with purple. Have to adjust that though, like with a longer pencil skirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I personally believe there is no age for color. The first left outfit is a dress by DVF. I am sure you would look amazing in any of the look you want to try out. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  18. I love that pink denim! Too cute!

    http://mademoisellemeese.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love all things neon- thanks for sharing such a great post!
    Soulfulsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words and visit.

      Delete
  20. Great post...lovin' neon right now!!

    http://woodstockwardrobe.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks Rudy for your kind words and recommendation. Hope you have a wonderful day ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOVE this post! so very helpful and inspirational :)

    http://primpedandprimed.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  23. your posts make me fall in love with neon

    ReplyDelete